An update on the progress on the gui. It has grown a little but since it was so much fun. Initially I just wanted a simple tweaking gui for parameters and such. And I knew early on that I wanted to make it a separate library that I could use in other projects. I also knew that I didn’t want it to be complex an everything to everyone…But, as I said it was so fun that I’ve strayed a little bit from that.

What I have now is a lib in pure C that has a front end and a backend where the front end is completely independent of the drawing. For my own purposes I have implemented a OpenGL renderer. The communication between the system is done by a simple command buffer. Actually very similar to how one might implement a renderer for e.g. shared OpenGL on old SGI machines :)

Further, the system doesn’t to any memory allocations but uses a memory area of your liking.

For the OpenGL renderer I have made some CLI tools for creating font textures and embedding these in a header file.

This micro project will soon be finished and I intend to release it for anyone to use in some form or the other.  More info soon.

As for now, A newer image:

Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

© 2011 CFW Design Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha