I have just returned to my day job after half a year of paternal leave. Started to write a “post-mortem” on what I did during that time when the little one was sleeping but it drifted from the topic and I have yet to finish it…
Anyway, I made a lot of progress in the beginning of my rendering experiments project but sadly everything moved slower and slower the more features I added. That’s just the way things are but the most irritating thing was that the gui development has been the thing that has prevented me most from moving forward in a pace I’m comfortable with. First I used an old imgui-thing that I made last year but as I have outlined in earlier posts I felt that it was the wrong focus to develop that further. I reasoned that there just “had to be” free and good guis for what I wanted. To make a long and boring story short, I found librocket that seemed to be a good alternative. After much fighting with it I have finally returned to the imgui I made before. It fits my needs much better and I don’t have to look around in any forum to understand how to get the status of a checkbox or a slider.
Looking forward to showing some examples of it soon. If it turns out ok I will probably release it as open source.

Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

© 2011 CFW Design Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha